Xanax is one of the most popular medications for treating anxiety in the US. Known generically as alprazolam, Xanax falls into a class of medications known as benzodiazepines. These medications work with the brain and the nervous system to produce a calming effect. While Xanax has helped millions of people manage their anxiety, it does come with some unwanted side effects. Many people who take Xanax experience drowsiness, dizziness, memory problems, sleep problems, trouble concentrating, and poor coordination. If you’re looking to avoid some of these side effects, there are some natural a...Keep Reading
In this article, we'll explore the reasons why revenge bedtime procrastination happens and give you some tips on how to overcome it.Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Depression is one of the leading causes of disability in the world. Nearly 5% of adults in the US feel depressed on a regular basis. To treat depression, many people turn to therapy and medication. While both of these are great treatment options, it’s important to know that there are other substances out there that can help fight your depression. More and more people are turning to nootropics to help with their depression. What nootropics should you be using? Read on to learn about the best nootropics for depression. Related: What are Natu...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. When most people think of mushrooms, they think of portabello mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or button mushrooms, as these are the varieties most often sold in grocery stores. However, there are over 14,000 species of mushrooms. While most mushrooms are completely safe to eat, around 70 to 80 varieties of mushrooms are poisonous. While button, portobello, and cremini mushrooms may be the most popular, there are other mushroom species that offer significant health benefits. One such species is cordyceps. What are cordyceps mushrooms? What be...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. If you’re looking for a natural way to improve your health, herbs are a great option. There are around 75 to 100 types of herbs and flowers, and people use herbs for all sorts of ailments. For example, some people use peppermint to relieve nausea and IBS symptoms. Others use sage for boosting brain function and memory. If you’re looking to add more herbs to your diet, you should check out Echinacea. Echinacea is a flower that belongs to the daisy family. How is Echinacea beneficial for your health? Let’s dive in. Yerba Mate: What is It and...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Are you looking to add more healthy vitamins and minerals to your diet? If there’s one vitamin you should focus on getting more of, it’s vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 offers a variety of different health benefits, and it can work in conjunction with other vitamins to improve the overall health of your body. What is vitamin D3? Why is it good for you? Read this guide to learn all about vitamin D3 and its benefits. Related: Magnesium L-Threonate Benefits and Supplements What is Vitamin D3? There are 13 essential vitamins that your body needs. With...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. To say that most adults in the US depend on caffeine would be an understatement. 85% of the American population consumes at least one caffeinated beverage each day. Americans also consume an average of 400 million cups of coffee per day. While caffeine can help you get through a long workday, it can also be addicting. If you drink caffeine regularly then try to quit, you’ll likely experience intense headaches as well as other side effects. This period of side effects is known as caffeine withdrawal. How long does caffeine withdrawal last? Re...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Are you looking to calm down your anxiety levels? If so, you’re not alone. Anxiety is the most commonly occurring mental illness in the United States, with over 20% of the American population suffering from anxiety. If you search for natural solutions for anxiety online, you’ll find all kinds of answers. Many people will tell you that coconut oil is one of the best solutions for anxiety. But does coconut oil actually work? If it does work, how do you use coconut oil for anxiety? Read on to find out about coconut oil and anxiety. Related: Au...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. 1. You Can’t Multitask When you “multitask,” your brain is actually just “context-switching” between different tasks. Not only that, but research has shown that this can increase your error rate by as much as 50-80%. Related: These Foods Will Give Your Brain More Power 2. The Brain Can’t Feel Pain Even though the brain is full of coverings and blood vessels with pain receptors, the brain itself doesn’t contain any. This lack of pain is what allows brain surgeons to operate on people while they’re awake. 3. You Use Most of Your Brain Most o...Keep Reading
As you age, your brain eventually starts deteriorating. Along with that comes a host of issues, from general cognitive decline and memory loss to slowness of thought and speech. But just like how regular exercise helps you keep more of your muscles as you age, exercising your brain can help you keep your mental faculties in tip-top shape. But you shouldn’t wait until you’re getting on in years to train your brain; it’s something that everybody should try to do regularly. Here are some of the top ten brain exercises that everyone can use to help keep their brains strong. Learn Something New ...Keep Reading
What are Lion’s Mane Mushrooms? Lion’s mane mushrooms, also known as Hericium Erinaceus, are large, white, sagging fungi with long, shaggy spines that can resemble a lion’s mane as they grow to maturity. These mushrooms are used in various Asian countries for both medical and culinary purposes. They can be cooked, eaten raw, dried, steeped into a tea, and extracts from them are regularly found in various over-the-counter health supplements. They can produce several practical effects within the body, including the gut, heart, and brain. Related: Supplements For High Cortisol Lion’s Mane Mush...Keep Reading
What is Turmeric? Turmeric is a special type of spice that is utilized commonly in Asian cuisines, such as curry. It comes from a plant of the same name, and its roots have been widely used to make various types of medicine. These medicines can treat numerous conditions, including pain and inflammation from osteoarthritis. Tumeric can also help relieve symptoms of depression, hay fever, high cholesterol, heartburn, stress, and several other conditions. In short, turmeric is a beneficial ingredient that can serve both culinary and medicinal purposes for those that use it. Related: What Are A...Keep Reading
Not Ready to Jump in yet? Stay in touch.
Share your email address to receive the first 2 chapters of Beyond Coffee FREE.