* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Biohacking to gain a competitive edge academically isn't new. The use of nootropics is safe and effective for getting the best out of your study sessions. They can help you to be focused, clear thinking, motivated, creative, and maintain mental energy throughout. Let's look at the best nootropics for studying. Why Nootropics Studying is difficult and can be exhausting. In a world of smart drugs, it's all too easy to go the way of stimulants. Nootropics can have a similar effect without the risks of a crash. Nootropics are naturally deriv...Keep Reading
Having Brain Fog? Here Are Supplements That Can Help With Brain Fog
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
Are you struggling to stay focused during meetings or continually losing your train of thought? You're dealing with brain fog. It's frustrating and causes you to be ineffective at whatever you're trying to do. But there is hope.
Read on to find out what brain fog is, what causes it, and what supplements you can use to get rid of it.
What is Brain Fog?
Brain fog is characterized by forgetfulness, confusion, and a lack of focus and mental clarity. It is a sign of mental fatigue usually brought on by long-term stress, physical exhaustion, or overworking. On the cellular level, brain fog may result from inflammation or hormonal changes that affect your mood, energy, and concentration.
Brain fog is a problem because it prevents clear thinking. In a world of distractions, our ability to possess our own minds is essential. We have to be able to take in information, process it, and make good decisions. We need to be capable of sustaining activity - mental and physical. And we need to be productive. None of these things can happen if we can't think clearly.
What Causes Brain Fog?
As brain fog is a temporary decline in our cognitive function, it stands to reason that the cause is likewise temporary and potentially easy to fix. Here are a few possibilities:
A lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your mind and its ability to process and retain information. The general rule for adults is 7 hours of sleep per night, but we are all individuals and require varying amounts of sleep. Find out what your magic number is for optimal performance, and do whatever you must to ensure you get that sleep.
It's not just about the hours of shut-eye, but the quality and regularity of your sleep as well.
You're hungry or dehydrated
An interesting study from Harvard reports that our brains are always on, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our brains are working on our behalf even while we sleep. So it needs fuel, but not just any fuel - our brains need quality fuel (food). The study reveals that when our brains are deprived of high-quality foods, they cannot function well.
Your brain fog may be the result of a need for higher quality foods in your diet or hydration. So eat well and drink plenty of water to ward off brain fog.
When you have a lot on your mind over a period of time, you become susceptible to brain fog. Your mind is trying to do so much that you can become mentally fatigued and lose a little of your mental competence.
Once you have taken care of the above, you may need a little more assistance. Following are supplements that you may find especially helpful in combating brain fog.
Are you looking for ways to do more with less stress? We’re the world’s first productivity drink designed to stimulate focus, creativity, and energy. Visit Magic Mind today!
Curcumin, otherwise known as turmeric, is an Indian spice widely used to promote blood flow throughout the body and brain. While many supplements take significant time to show results, Curcumin doesn't take very long before improvements are seen. Mood and stress levels are also seen to be improved. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties that make it beneficial for the whole body. It's a simple spice, so it can easily be integrated into your diet or taken as a supplement.
Activated B Vitamins (Including B12)
Vitamin B12 deficiencies can lead to challenges with memory, cognition, fatigue, and low mood. Vitamin B12 is responsible for your brain and nervous system's normal functioning and has been found to prevent brain shrinkage as we age. The other activated B vitamins will enhance cognition, relieve stress, and improve mood.
Bacopa, also called 'natural Adderall,' is used often for memory enhancement and as an overall cognition booster. It helps to balance neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin - which supports healthy cognitive function and positive moods.
Vitamin D deficiencies lead to many ailments in the body, including depression, suicidal thoughts, decreased memory, and even Alzheimer's. Vitamin D is the only hormone (other than those from the thyroid) needed for every single cell in your body to operate efficiently. It supports the development of new neural connections and clear, productive thinking.
The omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, are essential for your cognitive function. In experiments with animals, those fed diets deficient in omega-3's experienced decreased memory and learning. Fatty acids are found in our brain cells' cell membranes in abundance and protect brain health and foster efficient communication between cells.
This one is interesting because prebiotic fiber is for your gut. You've probably heard of the gut-brain connection. It's complicated but sufficient to say that taking prebiotic fiber will not only promote the health of your gut it will also enhance neural connections (in the brain). Neural connections facilitate learning and long and short-term memory. So, if you want a healthy, clear mind - take care of your gut.
Gingko Biloba is one we're already familiar with when thinking of cognition. It improves cognitive function, memory, social behavior, and your ability to do daily tasks.
Rosemary Essential Oil
We'll finish up with the easiest way to clear your mind and get some concentration. Inhale high-quality Rosemary essential oil, which then enters your bloodstream. It quickly affects your body and easily passes through the blood-brain barrier. As rosemary essential oil can improve cognitive function by up to 75%, you may see immediate results.
As we get older and experience brain fog, it can cause anxiety because mental decline is one of our greatest fears. But it usually isn't a sign of permanent mental changes. We can fix brain fog with supplements, our diet, and a little self-care.
Are you ready for a transformation? We can provide a long-term boost in cognition, stress, and energy. Check out Magic Mind today.
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. If you’ve been looking into ways to help boost your brain health and overall cognitive performance, then you’ve probably at least heard about nootropics and the various benefits that they can provide. But it’s entirely possible that you don’t know much about them or how they work within your body, especially since so many types perform a wide range of different functions. Please continue reading to discover more about nootropic benefits and which ones may be best for you. What is a Nootropic? A nootropic is, to put it simply, a substance that...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. You've probably heard people talking about nootropics and smart drugs like they're necessarily the same thing. They're close in application but not precisely the same in composition. We'll discuss the differences between the two and consider the pros and cons of each. Why the Drive for a Better Brain? As kids, most of us wanted the ability to fly. No more buses to school or long drives on vacation - we could just fly wherever we wanted to go. Now, as adults, we'd much rather have a super-brain. What is this drives we have for a better bra...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Rhodiola Rosea? Rhodiola Rosea- otherwise known as golden root or arctic root- is a yellow-flowering herb native to colder, mountainous regions in Asia and Europe. People have used it for centuries to help treat fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Its roots possess adaptogenic nootropic properties and contain more than 140 active ingredients to help your body adapt to physical and emotional stress and to keep you calm. According to several scientific studies and systematic reviews, Rhodiola Rosea shows promising effects in helping to re...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Taurine? Taurine is one type of essential amino acid present in various foods and is often added to energy drinks. Research has indicated that taurine can provide several health benefits, including lowering the risk of different diseases and improving the performance of athletes. Along with the fact that it has no known side effects when taken in appropriate doses, this has led several researchers to refer to it as a sort of “wonder molecule.” It’s also an effective nootropic in affecting various brain functions, including cell volume...Keep Reading
What is Acetylcholine, and Why is it Important? * Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter- the first one ever discovered- and neuromodulator. It plays a role in brain and muscle functions, and its job within the brain has made it a great topic of interest as a nootropic. It can be found in all motor neurons and is responsible for stimulating the contraction of muscles. It’s involved in various body movements, including the beating of the heart, the movement of the stomach, and the blinking of eyelids. Imbalances in and low levels of acetylcholine ...Keep Reading