* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Biohacking to gain a competitive edge academically isn't new. The use of nootropics is safe and effective for getting the best out of your study sessions. They can help you to be focused, clear thinking, motivated, creative, and maintain mental energy throughout. Let's look at the best nootropics for studying. Why Nootropics Studying is difficult and can be exhausting. In a world of smart drugs, it's all too easy to go the way of stimulants. Nootropics can have a similar effect without the risks of a crash. Nootropics are naturally deriv...Keep Reading
Ways to Stay Focused at Work
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
Learn to Focus
For many, constant focus doesn’t come naturally. It is a learned mindset that needs to be practiced and nurtured daily.
With cell phones continually ringing and chatter from our office neighbors, sometimes it's too much to keep your mind focused on the task at hand.
Some things can't be changed, like how often your colleague wants to show you pictures of their cat. However, actions to take within your daily life will change the way you approach tasks and how your brain focuses and stays productive.
Exercise helps promote a healthier body and mind. So starting your day with a quick session to get your blood pumping is a great way to help you get on task and stay focused.
It doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do to start your day, but something that is low stress like swimming or yoga may be more beneficial than a full-body strength workout. Your brain needs that extra boost to get you started.
After your morning workout, you will want to put some nutrients in your body to give yourself the mental strength to start your day! Eating fruits and vegetables is the go-to for healthy eating. But your brain needs more than that to help you focus.
The human brain is made of around 60% fat. Eating healthy fats will help improve brain function and gain more focus and memory. Introducing nuts, berries, avocados, and many more healthy foods will help you keep focus throughout your day.
While coffee is also known to help boost productivity, Magic Mind is an alternative that will help you maintain focus throughout the day and increase productivity. Magic Mind contains 12 active ingredients that increase focus, creativity, energy, and motivation!
Does Magic Mind sound like a drink you want to try? Check out Magic Minds website and learn more about how you can start your day entirely focused!
Get Quality Sleep
The "I'll sleep when I'm dead" mantra has been proven not to be one of the pillars of success. On the contrary, getting quality sleep is paramount to staying attentive and focused throughout the day.
Getting 8 hours of sleep is recommended; however, getting adequate sleep quality is just as important as the quantity. Turning off your phone, relieving yourself from distractions, and providing yourself the environment to sleep soundly will have a tremendously positive effect on your focus and productivity.
Get Rid of Distractions
Eliminating distractions is just as crucial throughout your workday as when you are trying to sleep.
We live in a world of endless notifications that pull us out of deep focus. If you want to stay focused and productive throughout the day, you will need to silence unnecessary notifications.
Put your computer and cell phone on do not disturb, or airplane mode, and you'll see a world of difference. However, it's up to you not to open a new Facebook tab on your own.
Related Link: How to Get Rid of Brain Fog: Tips and Tricks
Revisit Your Tasks Each Hour
Knowing exactly what your day should look like hour by hour is a great way to keep your mind focused!
Revisiting and writing out your tasks each hour will help you stay on task and on time. It also helps to set a timer, so you know precisely when the hour is up. That way, you can see how fast and well you are completing tasks in the time allowed!
Timers are also beneficial because they instill a sense of urgency that will keep you working on the task at hand!
Set Attainable Daily Goals
Small goals every day are a great way to keep your mind feeling rewarded and focused on the larger plan ahead. Small goals every day allow you to chip away at your larger 5-year plan slowly.
When you consistently achieve smaller goals, you feel rewarded, triggering your brain to want to keep that feeling going. Essentially it becomes easier to maintain achievements if you are continually achieving even the smallest goals.
Find Your Inspiration
Inspiration breeds productivity. If you are uninterested in the task you are performing; it is natural to sidetrack yourself and procrastinates.
Not every task is beaming full of inspiration, but it’s important to find something about it that keeps you going. Maybe you need to complete this task as a step to get yourself to the next level in your career? Harness that energy and make that your inspiration.
Use that mindset to keep you moving and focused.
Relieving stress makes good concentration even more attainable. Check out Magic Mind’s products to help relieve stress!
Establish an Organized Environment
No type of clutter is suitable for focus. Creating a clean and organized environment can help maintain productivity throughout the day.
Having a cluttered desktop or messy work station can be distracting after a long period of time. Having to search for items or files can easily take you down a rabbit hole and yank you from your productive mindset.
Toss out everything you don’t need and create a clean space for you to work your magic!
Create a Specific “Working Time”
Every day we are required to complete a multitude of tasks. Some of them are ones we want to get done, and the others we need to get done. A smart idea for handling the tasks you need to work on is setting up a block of time in your day for you to work on only those tasks.
You can create a 2 or 3-hour window where you won't be disturbed by anyone, and you focus on your projects. You can tell your team members not to distract you, find a quiet space, and focus solely on those tasks.
Learn and Use Your “Flow”
Everyone operates at a different speed. It is important to know how you “flow” and learn to use it effectively.
Flow is when you are in your zone, and you are only focusing on hitting your targeted goal. Research has shown that it can be increased by strengthening your concentration. That increase of concentration can come from any of the mentions on this list, but creating excitement around your work is a great place to start!
Plan Ahead to Get Ahead
The best way to concentrate is to know where you are going. Planning your day ahead of time keeps you focused on where you want to be next. You can use a daily planner to measure each part of your day, including breaks, or just plan your big tasks.
Whichever method works better for you to be organized, planning ahead will keep your mind focused and rewarded every time you complete a goal.
Related Link: How to Plan a Day: Productivity and Time Management Tips
Rest Your Mind for 15 Minutes
It’s okay to rest your brain. We are not machines, and we are not meant to work like them. Working for hours on end is stressful on the mind, so scheduling a pause for your brain will actually help improve your productivity.
In this time, its good to stretch your legs, listen to some music, or grab a small bite to eat. To stay focused, you need to let your brain have a few minutes away from the screen.
Drinking an energy drink midday can be harmful to your restfulness and overall concentration. Check out this natural energy drink that will keep you focused!
The ability to stay focused is something a lot of people struggle with. It’s not our fault the world is filled with so many distractions. However, if we learn to turn off those distractions, feed our brains the nutrients it deserves, and organize our thoughts and workspaces, we will be able to focus and reach every goal we set.
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. If you’ve been looking into ways to help boost your brain health and overall cognitive performance, then you’ve probably at least heard about nootropics and the various benefits that they can provide. But it’s entirely possible that you don’t know much about them or how they work within your body, especially since so many types perform a wide range of different functions. Please continue reading to discover more about nootropic benefits and which ones may be best for you. What is a Nootropic? A nootropic is, to put it simply, a substance that...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. You've probably heard people talking about nootropics and smart drugs like they're necessarily the same thing. They're close in application but not precisely the same in composition. We'll discuss the differences between the two and consider the pros and cons of each. Why the Drive for a Better Brain? As kids, most of us wanted the ability to fly. No more buses to school or long drives on vacation - we could just fly wherever we wanted to go. Now, as adults, we'd much rather have a super-brain. What is this drives we have for a better bra...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Rhodiola Rosea? Rhodiola Rosea- otherwise known as golden root or arctic root- is a yellow-flowering herb native to colder, mountainous regions in Asia and Europe. People have used it for centuries to help treat fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Its roots possess adaptogenic nootropic properties and contain more than 140 active ingredients to help your body adapt to physical and emotional stress and to keep you calm. According to several scientific studies and systematic reviews, Rhodiola Rosea shows promising effects in helping to re...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Taurine? Taurine is one type of essential amino acid present in various foods and is often added to energy drinks. Research has indicated that taurine can provide several health benefits, including lowering the risk of different diseases and improving the performance of athletes. Along with the fact that it has no known side effects when taken in appropriate doses, this has led several researchers to refer to it as a sort of “wonder molecule.” It’s also an effective nootropic in affecting various brain functions, including cell volume...Keep Reading
What is Acetylcholine, and Why is it Important? * Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter- the first one ever discovered- and neuromodulator. It plays a role in brain and muscle functions, and its job within the brain has made it a great topic of interest as a nootropic. It can be found in all motor neurons and is responsible for stimulating the contraction of muscles. It’s involved in various body movements, including the beating of the heart, the movement of the stomach, and the blinking of eyelids. Imbalances in and low levels of acetylcholine ...Keep Reading