* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Today nootropics are an exciting topic for the enhancement of our cognitive processes. These processes include memory, focus, clear thinking, mood, creativity, and motivation. Nootropics have been found to improve thinking, increase energy, and give us an overall advantage in our mental capacity. What are nootropics? The word, Nootropics, comes from a Greek word meaning ‘mind-turning.’ They are a class of substances, natural and synthetic, that have the ability to boost brainpower. They claim to enhance creativity, focus, and intelligence. ...Keep Reading
Things to Remember When You Are Overwhelmed
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
Everyone gets overwhelmed and has to deal with those feelings in their lives. Sadly, some experience this more than others. So if you're feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities, expectations, and a lack of time at work, in relationships, or in any other aspect of life, then remember these essential things, as this will help you get through it and back to life.
Are you looking to be more productive? Then check out Magic Mind's Productivity shot.
You've Done This Before
You have most likely felt overwhelmed before. And every other time you were able to get through it, you made it to the other side. You must remember that you've conquered being overwhelmed before. To avoid having a breakdown, it will help to say this to yourself, "I have been here before, and I got through it."
It's Not as Bad as You Think
Our problems can seem far more dire than they are. In the moment, our emotions can take over and make everything feel ten times worse. However, when you take a step back from the situation, you can see the Silver Lining. The best way to gain perspective on your situation is to take a step back, and do something nice for someone in a worse position than yourself. You can try serving at a homeless shelter, a battered women's home, or an orphanage. Helping others in greater need than yourself enables you to gain perspective and feel less overwhelmed.
Your life is not over
The mind is a powerful thing. We have the power to control what we think and how we perceive any given situation. When the feeling of being overwhelmed overcomes us, the perception is that our lives are falling apart at the seams, or unraveling. But they're not.
Take a moment to yourself, and clear your mind of all the self-deprecating, negative thoughts. You will feel refreshed and invigorated with new energy to take on the world. If you don't believe me, try it.
Don't Do It Alone
When you're feeling overwhelmed, keep in mind that you don't have to go through it alone. You most likely have a support system already in place, full of great friends and family members that are ready and willing to help you back on your feet. You're just not utilizing them.
Remember, your support system, regardless of its makeup, will always be there for you, so reach out to them any time you need to.
Confide in someone you trust
When you start feeling overwhelmed, tell someone. You can confide in your friends and family or anyone within your support system. You don't have to suffer alone. Allow your family and friends to come alongside you and help you through this. Although they may not fully understand everything you're going through, just having someone to listen and knowing that people care alone is quite important, and who knows, they may surprise you by giving you help you didn't know you needed.
Focus On What's Within Your Control
Feeling overwhelmed is derived from the response to a loss of control. The best way to fight this is to ensure you only focus on things within your control. Sometimes in life, you may feel a loss of control because you're trying to control the uncontrollable. It's crucial to stop, breathe, and focus on the things you have control over in these instances.
One Problem at a Time
As the feeling of being overwhelmed hits us, it's really tempting to try and solve all the problems at once. However, this brings forth a whole new wave of problems. Instead, keep in mind that all you need to do is start with one problem, then the next, and so on. It can also help to break down each problem into steps then take each step at a time. Regardless of how small the step, as long as you are still moving forward and making progress, you will make it to the other side.
Whether you run a business, have a job, raise a family, or all of the above. Juggling all the daily responsibilities and tasks at the same time can cause anyone to feel quite overwhelmed. Knowing what needs to be done now rather than later can drastically decrease your feelings of being overwhelmed. Prioritizing your to-do's is not just for work tasks but also for personal tasks. For example, by prioritizing a workout that lowers your stress levels while keeping you in shape should be a priority that shouldn't be put off. As it's a benefit to your physical and mental health, allowing you to be more productive.
Making visuals of what you need to accomplish weekly on a calendar or making a to-do list can also really put everything into perspective. Instead of holding everything in your head, you can see everything coming up, allowing you to be more efficient and lower your risk of feeling overwhelmed.
Feeling overwhelmed isn’t a new feeling. You’ve probably made it through being overwhelmed many times before. Always remind yourself of these things to help you get through it. You’ll come out stronger, wiser, and ready to deal with being overwhelmed again in the future should the need arise.
For more great insights on productivity have a look at the Magic Mind Blogs.
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Citicoline At a Glance Citicoline was initially developed in Japan to help combat the effects of stroke. In Japan and Europe, people use this chemical to improve brain function, thinking, and memory in those who recently suffered a stroke. Organically, citicoline is a brain chemical. It naturally occurs in the body, especially the organs. In the US, citicoline is most commonly used as a dietary supplement and is given as an injection or taken by mouth. Citicoline helps improve vision in those with glaucoma, combats age-related memory loss,...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. To be able to zero in on what we’re trying to accomplish is essential to getting stuff done. But our environments are full of distractions - within and without. It’s not just our world that is noisy and clamoring for our attention, but it’s also our minds. We often struggle with concentration because of internal chatter and distracting thoughts. So how can we get past this? We have to begin by knowing why we can’t focus. What is focus? We inherently know what it means to focus. It means to direct all of our attention on a single activity or...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Inadequate dopamine levels are responsible for fatigue, lack of motivation, mood swings, memory loss, and addictive behaviors. It is the neurotransmitter responsible for productivity, focus, and motivation. It makes life more joyful and fulfilling. Let’s look at ways to increase our levels, naturally. What is dopamine? The 85 billion neurons in our brains communicate with one another through chemicals called neurotransmitters. Dopamine is an essential neurotransmitter because it is associated with so much of our behavior and fulfillment of l...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. L-theanine at a Glance L-theanine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning humans do not naturally produce it. It also means it’s not necessary for our survival. However, taking L-theanine may positively affect chemicals in the brain, including serotonin and dopamine. We find L-theanine in certain mushrooms, black tea, and green tea. It is very similar to glutamate, an amino acid our body does produce used to carry nerve impulses to our brain. This chemical may help improve stress levels and mood. This compound is considered safe, though scient...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Are you struggling to stay focused during meetings or continually losing your train of thought? You're dealing with brain fog. It's frustrating and causes you to be ineffective at whatever you're trying to do. But there is hope. Read on to find out what brain fog is, what causes it, and what supplements you can use to get rid of it. What is Brain Fog? Brain fog is characterized by forgetfulness, confusion, and a lack of focus and mental clarity. It is a sign of mental fatigue usually brought on by long-term stress, physical exhaustion, or ov...Keep Reading