* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Biohacking to gain a competitive edge academically isn't new. The use of nootropics is safe and effective for getting the best out of your study sessions. They can help you to be focused, clear thinking, motivated, creative, and maintain mental energy throughout. Let's look at the best nootropics for studying. Why Nootropics Studying is difficult and can be exhausting. In a world of smart drugs, it's all too easy to go the way of stimulants. Nootropics can have a similar effect without the risks of a crash. Nootropics are naturally deriv...Keep Reading
Rhodiola Rosea: What Is It And What Are The Benefits?
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
What is Rhodiola Rosea?
Rhodiola Rosea- otherwise known as golden root or arctic root- is a yellow-flowering herb native to colder, mountainous regions in Asia and Europe. People have used it for centuries to help treat fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Its roots possess adaptogenic nootropic properties and contain more than 140 active ingredients to help your body adapt to physical and emotional stress and to keep you calm. According to several scientific studies and systematic reviews, Rhodiola Rosea shows promising effects in helping to relieve people of several symptoms related to brain fog.
How Does Rhodiola Rosea Work?
According to research, Rhodiola Rosea seems to operate by stimulating the release of various neurotransmitters within the brain, specifically serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. More studies will be needed to be sure the plant does indeed operate in this way and that it is effective in treating the various conditions and symptoms that will be explored in more detail below. Scientists must be sure of Rhodiola’s effects on these neurotransmitters, as a proper balance of them is strongly involved in people’s emotional and neurological functioning. It can be taken in the form of powders, pills, tinctures, and extracts.
Are you on the search for a healthy and delicious addition to your morning routine to help you take on whatever your day has in store? Take a look at Magic Mind today to learn about all of the benefits that it can provide.
Health Benefits of Rhodiola Rosea
Scientific studies conducted on Rhodiola Rosea have shown it to impact people’s general mental and physical health significantly. More long-term studies need to be undertaken for scientists to understand its impact on the following conditions fully. Still, research that has been done up until this point has demonstrated encouraging results.
Rhodiola Rosea is thought to have potential antidepressant properties due to its ability to stimulate and help balance the levels of certain neurotransmitters within the brain. In one study, 89 people with mild to moderate depression experienced significant improvements when given between 340-680 mg of Rhodiola each day. They also reported improvements in their overall emotional stability and insomnia.
As an adaptogen, Rhodiola Rosea is a substance that can naturally increase your body’s resistance to various stress responses in non-specific ways. Taking it during times of significant stress has been shown to help keep people calm and allow them to handle the situation in a more effective, less problematic way. Some studies have found that those taking this nootropic for work and life-related stress saw significant improvements in stress symptoms, including exhaustion, fatigue, and anxiety. These improvements were able to be noticed after just three days, and they continued to increase throughout the study.
A study involving 56 physicians working night duty provided them with 170 mg of Rhodiola Rosea a day for two weeks. Those taking the supplement demonstrated significantly reduced levels of mental fatigue compared to those in the placebo group. Additionally, these study participants saw a 20% improvement in the performance of work-related tasks.
As a result of its adaptogenic properties, Rhodiola Rosea has been shown to help alleviate symptoms of fatigue that often come along with stress. Studies have found that it positively affects fatigue and enhances attention levels in study participants compared to those who received a placebo. Participants of another similar study also saw significant increases in their concentration, mood, and overall quality of life.
Rhodiola Rosea has shown promising results in improving people’s exercise performance during cycling tests and six-mile time-trial races. Those who received it two hours before the tests were able to cycle for an average of 24 seconds longer and took significantly less time to finish the race than those who were given a placebo. Other similar studies have also shown that it may increase exercise performance by decreasing people’s perceived exertion levels while exercising.
Related: What Exactly is L-Theanine?
Potential Side Effects
The potential side effects of taking Rhodiola Rosea are considered to be generally rare. When they do occur, they tend to range from mild to moderate in terms of overall severity. They can include symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, stomach upsets, difficulty sleeping, and drowsiness. Drowsiness may be more likely to be experienced by those already taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), benzodiazepines, and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs).
Please always consult your regular physician before starting any nootropic supplements to ensure that it is safe for you to do so. This is especially the case if you’re pregnant, nursing, or already take regular medication, as it could negatively interact with Rhodiola. Pregnant and nursing women, along with patients who are already taking prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) should not take Rhodiola Rosea.
Rhodiola Rosea is an adaptogenic nootropic that has shown encouraging results in improving people’s overall mental and physical health. Studies have indicated that it can help to improve people’s brain function and exercise performance while also reducing the effects of stress, including fatigue, anxiety, exhaustion, and more. Additional studies will need to be performed to understand Rhodiola’s effects on these conditions fully. If you’re interested in finding some other beneficial nootropics or nootropic stacks, consider trying the product Magic Mind, the world’s first productivity drink that can help to boost your mood, energy levels, motivation, and more.
Are you on the hunt for a healthy, energy-boosting drink to go alongside your morning coffee to help you take on the day? Check out Magic Mind today to learn about all of the benefits it can provide.
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. If you’ve been looking into ways to help boost your brain health and overall cognitive performance, then you’ve probably at least heard about nootropics and the various benefits that they can provide. But it’s entirely possible that you don’t know much about them or how they work within your body, especially since so many types perform a wide range of different functions. Please continue reading to discover more about nootropic benefits and which ones may be best for you. What is a Nootropic? A nootropic is, to put it simply, a substance that...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. You've probably heard people talking about nootropics and smart drugs like they're necessarily the same thing. They're close in application but not precisely the same in composition. We'll discuss the differences between the two and consider the pros and cons of each. Why the Drive for a Better Brain? As kids, most of us wanted the ability to fly. No more buses to school or long drives on vacation - we could just fly wherever we wanted to go. Now, as adults, we'd much rather have a super-brain. What is this drives we have for a better bra...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Rhodiola Rosea? Rhodiola Rosea- otherwise known as golden root or arctic root- is a yellow-flowering herb native to colder, mountainous regions in Asia and Europe. People have used it for centuries to help treat fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Its roots possess adaptogenic nootropic properties and contain more than 140 active ingredients to help your body adapt to physical and emotional stress and to keep you calm. According to several scientific studies and systematic reviews, Rhodiola Rosea shows promising effects in helping to re...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Taurine? Taurine is one type of essential amino acid present in various foods and is often added to energy drinks. Research has indicated that taurine can provide several health benefits, including lowering the risk of different diseases and improving the performance of athletes. Along with the fact that it has no known side effects when taken in appropriate doses, this has led several researchers to refer to it as a sort of “wonder molecule.” It’s also an effective nootropic in affecting various brain functions, including cell volume...Keep Reading
What is Acetylcholine, and Why is it Important? * Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter- the first one ever discovered- and neuromodulator. It plays a role in brain and muscle functions, and its job within the brain has made it a great topic of interest as a nootropic. It can be found in all motor neurons and is responsible for stimulating the contraction of muscles. It’s involved in various body movements, including the beating of the heart, the movement of the stomach, and the blinking of eyelids. Imbalances in and low levels of acetylcholine ...Keep Reading