What Are Nootropics?
Nootropics are supplements that augment cognitive performance and brain health. Simply put, nootropics are brain-boosters! The brain is an extremely complicated organ that, even today, scientists don't entirely understand, which is why the definition of nootropics is equally complicated. Nootropics work in a wide range of ways to produce various health benefits in terms of focus, memory, attention, motivation, relaxation, mood, stress resistance, alertness, and more. The word "nootropic" comes from the Greek words nous, meaning "mind," and trepein, meaning "to turn." "Nootropic" thus literally means "mind turning." The modern definition of a nootropic is a substance that boosts brain cognition.The list of nootropics has grown significantly through time, and so has an appreciation for the brain's ability to improve and enhance every aspect of life in different kinds of people. In this article, we will closely dissect what nootropics are: what their technical definition is, what they do in the body, and how you can find true nootropics that benefit your brain health and cognitive function the most.
How Do They Work?
Typically, nootropics and stack supplements are formulated to focus on one or more (or in the case of Magic Mind, all) of six brain pathways. These six brain pathways are brain energy, brain chemicals, brain blood flow, brain waves, brain protection, and brain regeneration. Nootropics that enhance brain health typically also help boost cognition and augment brain pathways in ways that assist sharper cognition skills. Magic Mind is designed for smart, skilled nootropic users who have a keen eye for complementary nootropic combinations and stacks to safely enhance brain biopathways.
The Benefits of Nootropics
The health benefits associated with brain supplements are more expansive and numerous than ever before, thanks to the evolving definition of nootropic and the growing nootropic audience. Magic Mind utilizes a combination of complementary ingredients which assist:
- Attention - nootropics can enhance different aspects of focus, concentration, and attention to give users an edge in productivity.
- Memory - performance-enhancing nootropics like Magic Mind support working memory, recall, storage, learning, knowledge retention, and more!
- Creativity - fostering relaxe, free-flowing thinking that leads to more creative ideas, artistic exploration, and deeper contemplation.
- Learning - lifelong learners can all benefit from the various enhancements for cognitive learning processes such as memory formation, recall, and storage.
- Mood - Magic Mind contains ingredients that assist with confidence, relaxation, mood balance, motivation, sociability, happiness, anxiety, and more to optimize cognitive function and improve overall life quality.
- Physical - though they are supplements for your brain, nootropics have recently sprung up in the sports nutrition canon thanks to their ability to improve motivation, promote focus in the gym, and intensify training.
- Stress relief - there are many well-documented anti-stress benefits of nootropics that can help everybody from multitasking professionals with packed schedules to competitive athletes.
Different Types of Nootropics
Contrary to the pop science focus on synthetic "smart pills," the majority of premium nootropic supplements on the market are either all natural or extracted from sources in nature, and come in the following forms: essential nutrients, herbs, adaptogens, phospholipids, choline sources, antioxidants, and amino acids. Magic Mind combines 12 active ingredients engineered to stimulate creativity, focus, energy, and motivation while combating oxidation, stress, and inflammation in the body. Below we describe some of the powerful nootropics in Magic Mind shots.
L-theanine is a naturally occurring compound in green tea and black tea. Research shows that L-theanine may offer a wide array of health benefits, from improved mental focus to higher levels of sleep quality. Magic Mind contains matcha, in which L-theanine is naturally occurring, in order to lower stress and anxiety. L-theanine also contains 130x more antioxidants than regular green tea!
Lion's Mane Mushrooms
Also known as yamabushitake or hou you gu, Lion's Mane mushrooms are large, white, shaggy mushrooms that resemble a lion's mane. Extract of Lion's Mane has been shown to contain potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds. Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress are a significant cause of many modern diseases, such as heart disease, autoimmune disorders, or cancer. Some benefits of Lion's Mane include improved digestion, relaxation, and improvement in nervous system disorders.
A nutrient that promotes various bodily functions, such as cellular growth and metabolism, choline is naturally occurring in the human body, but the majority comes from our diet. Some bodily functions choline supports include:
- DNA synthesis - Along with other nutrients such as folate and vitamin B-12, choline can affect gene expression
- Cell maintenance - Choline is used by the body to produce fats that construct cellular membranes
- Nervous system functioning - Choline is converted by the body into a neurotransmitter that affects the nerves and plays a role in regulating bodily functions like breathing and heart rate.
Phosphatidylserine is a chemical that is naturally occurring in the human body. While your body can create phosphatidylserine on its own, most of what it needs comes from food. Phosphatidylserine can also be ingested in supplement form, which typically comes from cabbage or soy. This chemical can be used to combat Alzheimer's disease, dementia, memory decline, and a decline in thinking skills that naturally happen as we age. Phosphatidylserine is part of the cell structure and is essential in the maintenance of normal cellular function, particularly in the brain.
Ashwagandha is a medicinal herb that has been shown to offer myriad benefits for your body and mind. Not only is the herb beneficial to your physical well being, but it can boost your mental well being as well, as it is classified as an "adaptogen," meaning that it can assist your body in managing stress. Some of the many things this herb can do include: lower blood sugar levels, boost brain function, reduce cortisol (which helps to manage your body's reaction to stress), and help combat symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Turmeric has been utilized for millennia as a spice, medicinal herb, and even for spiritual support. Turmeric is a staple in South Asian cooking, and hundreds of millions of people worldwide have turmeric as a part of their daily diet. There are three main ingredients of turmeric known to improve health: polyphenol curcuminoids, dimethoxy-curcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin, which are typically referred to as curcumin. Polyphenols can be found in many plants and are common antioxidants, but curcuminoids are incredibly potent and possess a wide array of cell-level molecular actions. Curcuminoids have been shown to benefit practically all aspects of human health, mainly brain function.
Honey is a natural sweetener that also possesses antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. The antioxidants in honey can even help to lower blood pressure!
Related: Ways To Turn Your Life Around
Who Can Nootropics Help?
Nootropics can be a great way for anybody, young or old, to boost their brain function, improve cognition, and combat stress and mental deterioration. Magic Mind can be added to anybody's morning ritual to assist with focus, energy, relaxation, and productivity. All of the ingredients in Magic Mind are specifically chosen to complement each other in order to optimize their benefits and minimize any side effects. If you are looking for supplements to jump-start your brain and keep you alert while giving you tranquility, check out Mind Magic today!