* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Today nootropics are an exciting topic for the enhancement of our cognitive processes. These processes include memory, focus, clear thinking, mood, creativity, and motivation. Nootropics have been found to improve thinking, increase energy, and give us an overall advantage in our mental capacity. What are nootropics? The word, Nootropics, comes from a Greek word meaning ‘mind-turning.’ They are a class of substances, natural and synthetic, that have the ability to boost brainpower. They claim to enhance creativity, focus, and intelligence. ...Keep Reading
Natural Stress Solutions: A Complete Guide
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
Your energy and mental health is strongly influenced by what you eat. Believe it or not, some foods help reduce stress and will put you in a better place, mentally. For example, the cocoa in chocolate has been found to increase your cognitive function and mood. Vitamin C also naturally reduces stress and boosts your immune system!
To maintain a healthy gut and mind, try to avoid excessively fatty and processed foods. These foods have an adverse effect and can make your health and stress levels worse.
Having the right active ingredients for breakfast can relieve your stress levels! Click here to learn more about which ingredients!
Exercising can hurt, especially if you haven’t kept it up regularly. Even though it can be uncomfortable, the overall health benefits of regular exercise are life-altering.
Not only will you notice the physical changes, but you will also see that your mental health will improve! Exercising releases dopamine and other chemicals that simply make you “feel good!”
Having these chemicals running through your body regularly can do wonders for your mental health, including warding off depression and anxiety. Regular exercise also improves your immune system, which can have a positive influence on your stress levels.
Listen to Relaxing Music
The idea of music being a stress reliever is one that is taken seriously in the scientific community. Music has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety.
If you find yourself in a stressful situation or feel anxiety coming on, it may help to put on some calming music to help you relax. Soft music with a slow tempo and minimal words has had the best results, but finding something you like is all that matters.
Like exercise, positive responses to music produce dopamine and other feel-good chemicals!
So next time you’re stressed out, pop on your favorite classical piece and see how you feel!
Take a Deep Breath
Sometimes, at the moment, stress can feel like it is overtaking you. The best way to start to feel calm is to take a deep breath.
When you get stressed, your heart rate increases and your breathing can become shallow. Taking a series of long deep breaths can counter these symptoms. Deep breathing slows your heart rate and calms the overwhelming feelings of stress.
After a few deep breaths, you will start to enter a more relaxed state, and the feelings of stress should subside.
Have a Laugh
Having a good laugh can literally melt your stress away. People often say that laughter is the best medicine, and science has proved that there is something to that saying!
Laughing reduces levels of stress and relaxes your muscles. That's why, after a good laugh, you feel a little lighter and less tense.
Next time you're feeling stressed out, take a break and put on a funny show! Or maybe call up that one friend who can always make you laugh and feel better for it!
Be in the moment. When you feel stressed out, an excellent natural remedy is to be present and learn to manage the stress.
When practicing mindfulness, you are learning to accept the current feelings calmly. Studies have shown that practicing mindfulness can create an overall self-esteem boost, which, in turn, can lead to lower stress levels in the future.
There are many ways to practice mindfulness. Yoga, for example, is one of the practices that incorporate mindfulness.
Spend Time With Loved Ones
Being socially active is a natural remedy for stress and anxiety. Being surrounded by friends and family that are supportive is a great booster for your self-esteem.
Feelings of welcome, love, and understanding are natural combatants to stress and anxiety. Studies have shown the men and women alike respond well to meaningful social interaction.
This goes hand in hand with laughter. Spending time with the company you enjoy reduces stress and anxiety levels, and leads to an overall more healthy life.
If you like spearmint gum as much as I do, you’re going to love this! Chewing gum has been found to lower stress levels!
Studies are not 100% sure why, but evidence shows that the act of chewing gum is a stress reliever! Some believe that it promotes stronger blood flow to the brain. Others believe that the act mimics brainwaves that are similar to relaxation.
Regardless of the "why," it is safe to say that the next time you are feeling a bit stressed, chewing a stick of gum can be just the relief you were looking for. Who knew?
There is a chance that your anxiety and stress can be coming from a nutrient deficiency. Supplements can be an excellent way to give your body what it needs to function at 100%. Tons of supplements are beneficial for reducing stress and anxiety levels.
Ashwagandha and Rhodiola Rosea are two supplements known to decrease stress levels, and they both can be found in Magic Mind’s product. Magic Mind also includes matcha, which is another stress reliever and provides an amazing amount of energy so that you will be alert and productive all day long.
Providing your body with the nutrients it needs is one of the most significant parts of the battle of feeling mentally sound. And sometimes supplements are the best way to get everything your body needs.
Do you want to learn more about the world’s first productivity shot? Click here to learn about how it can benefit you!
No one is immune to stress and anxiety. It is essential to understand that stress happens to everyone and reduce the feelings as they come on. However, leading a socially and physically healthy lifestyle is beneficial for dealing with feelings of stress.
Naturally, overcoming stress can be so rewarding, and best of all, it teaches you about yourself and provides you with the tools to continue to operate at your fullest capacity.
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Citicoline At a Glance Citicoline was initially developed in Japan to help combat the effects of stroke. In Japan and Europe, people use this chemical to improve brain function, thinking, and memory in those who recently suffered a stroke. Organically, citicoline is a brain chemical. It naturally occurs in the body, especially the organs. In the US, citicoline is most commonly used as a dietary supplement and is given as an injection or taken by mouth. Citicoline helps improve vision in those with glaucoma, combats age-related memory loss,...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. To be able to zero in on what we’re trying to accomplish is essential to getting stuff done. But our environments are full of distractions - within and without. It’s not just our world that is noisy and clamoring for our attention, but it’s also our minds. We often struggle with concentration because of internal chatter and distracting thoughts. So how can we get past this? We have to begin by knowing why we can’t focus. What is focus? We inherently know what it means to focus. It means to direct all of our attention on a single activity or...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Inadequate dopamine levels are responsible for fatigue, lack of motivation, mood swings, memory loss, and addictive behaviors. It is the neurotransmitter responsible for productivity, focus, and motivation. It makes life more joyful and fulfilling. Let’s look at ways to increase our levels, naturally. What is dopamine? The 85 billion neurons in our brains communicate with one another through chemicals called neurotransmitters. Dopamine is an essential neurotransmitter because it is associated with so much of our behavior and fulfillment of l...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. L-theanine at a Glance L-theanine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning humans do not naturally produce it. It also means it’s not necessary for our survival. However, taking L-theanine may positively affect chemicals in the brain, including serotonin and dopamine. We find L-theanine in certain mushrooms, black tea, and green tea. It is very similar to glutamate, an amino acid our body does produce used to carry nerve impulses to our brain. This chemical may help improve stress levels and mood. This compound is considered safe, though scient...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Are you struggling to stay focused during meetings or continually losing your train of thought? You're dealing with brain fog. It's frustrating and causes you to be ineffective at whatever you're trying to do. But there is hope. Read on to find out what brain fog is, what causes it, and what supplements you can use to get rid of it. What is Brain Fog? Brain fog is characterized by forgetfulness, confusion, and a lack of focus and mental clarity. It is a sign of mental fatigue usually brought on by long-term stress, physical exhaustion, or ov...Keep Reading