* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Today nootropics are an exciting topic for the enhancement of our cognitive processes. These processes include memory, focus, clear thinking, mood, creativity, and motivation. Nootropics have been found to improve thinking, increase energy, and give us an overall advantage in our mental capacity. What are nootropics? The word, Nootropics, comes from a Greek word meaning ‘mind-turning.’ They are a class of substances, natural and synthetic, that have the ability to boost brainpower. They claim to enhance creativity, focus, and intelligence. ...Keep Reading
12 Proven Tips on How to Improve Focus
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
Does your mind wander? Do you find it hard to stay on task? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. The human mind spends 30%-50% of its awake time wandering depending on the person.
If you struggle to stay on task, don’t worry. There are lots of proven techniques to improve concentration. Here’s our list of proven tips on how to improve focus.
1. Get More Sleep
Memory and attention span are greatly affected by lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation can severely impact your mood, performance, and drive to complete daily tasks. We’ve all suffered from head bob, especially at 3 pm, when you haven’t had a good night’s sleep.
Adults need seven to eight hours of sleep each night to feel refreshed and focused the next day. Try these proven healthy sleep habits to get more rest.
2. Start by Exercising in the Morning
Studies prove that daily physical activity improves concentration and attention after four weeks. And moderate aerobic exercise can reverse memory loss as we age. By starting your exercise routine in the morning, you’ll stay sharp for the day’s critical tasks.
A Harvard study found that thirty minutes of moderate activity will improve memory and thinking skills. Your fitness level will dictate how much you should do each day. But it is recommended to get at least 150 minutes each week.
3. Practice Mindfulness and Meditation
Early stages of mindfulness training have been proven to develop focused attention and enhance working memory. Brief mindfulness training can significantly improve working memory, executive function, and visuospatial processing.
There are several apps and games that provide brief mindfulness training that can improve focus after just four days:
Columbia University reports that meditation can reduce stress, depression, and anxiety, which will help increase focus, learning, and memory. Meditation can be sitting quietly or by doing yoga or tai chi. Meditate for five to ten minutes, then increase that time by one to two minutes as you can relax.
4. Try Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a recent health craze where you eat all your calories within an 8-hour window of the day and then don’t eat for the next sixteen hours. By skipping breakfast, you can dive into your day and then break your fast at lunch. Intermittent fast has been proven to increase memory.
Want to try Intermittent Fasting but still need morning boost? Drink Magic Mind Productivity Shots instead of a morning coffee to focus your mind without ruining your fast.
Related Link: Ways to Stay Focused at Work
5. Try Vitamin Supplements
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D3
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Guarana Seed Extract
Magic Mind Productivity Shot includes Vitamin D3, Turmeric, Citicoline into a Matcha Green Tea to get you in the right frame of mind to stay focused and charge your day. Magic Mind only uses high-quality ingredients backed by science and evaluated by a team of doctors to improve its effectiveness.
6. Use Nootropic Herbs
Made from high-quality natural ingredients, Magic Mind incorporates all the best nootropic herbs and vitamins to give your morning an extra boost to help you stay focused. Loaded with scientifically backed ingredients to help you be more productive, Magic Mind is an excellent solution for people who struggle to stay focused.
7. Add more Good Fats to Your Diet
Eating a plant-based diet supplemented with rich, good fats can boost concentration and focus. Foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids are particularly beneficial, like fish, eggs, blueberries, and green leafy vegetables.
Related Link: These Foods Will Give Your Brain More Power
8. Listen to Music
Listening to music while studying or working can increase focus, especially for people who suffer from ADHD. White noise and nature sounds can also help you concentrate and improve brain function. But be careful in your music selection; if you love or hate the music, it may become a distraction.
9. Create an Hourly Task List
A way to focus your mind is to create a critical task list every hour and then see how much you’re able to accomplish during the hour. Then reassess every hour what you can realistically get done and knock that task list out. Crossing off tasks is therapeutically satisfying.
10. Eliminate Distractions
Yes, it seems obvious, but it’s more challenging to do. There are several things you can do to eliminate distractions:
- Create an environment where you won’t be tempted to do something else.
- Turn off or silence your phone.
- Set three daily objectives
- Set time frames for accomplishing tasks.
- Stop when your mind starts to drift and reset.
- Make a game out of getting tasks done.
- Challenge yourself.
11. Take Short Breaks
Taking short breaks every 1-2 hours for twenty minutes can enhance focus and renew your effort. If you feel yourself getting restless, take a quick break. Get a drink or snack, take a walk, or go outside in nature. When you return, you’ll be more motivated and focused on completing your tasks.
12. Get Outside
Spending time outside, even if it is brief, can increase your focus. Studies have found that spending two hours a week out in nature and sunlight can significantly improve mental and physical health.
And it doesn’t matter how you put in those two hours. You can take twenty-minute walks every day or spend two hours relaxing in your backyard. Either way, your focus will increase.
Follow These Tips to Increase Your Focus and Get Stuff Done
By following these proven tips for increasing your focus, you’ll be able to harness your chi and get more done. The best way would be to pick the tips you feel are achievable and create a new routine.
Start your morning with a Magic Mind to boost concentration and productivity. Magic Mind has a team of doctors and medical researchers assess and improve Magic Mind’s productivity formula so that you are getting the highest quality and results from your nootropic herbal supplement drink.
Want to know if Magic Mind really works? Read testimonials from Magic Mind customers.
Related Link: Ways to be More Productive Without Losing Sleep
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Citicoline At a Glance Citicoline was initially developed in Japan to help combat the effects of stroke. In Japan and Europe, people use this chemical to improve brain function, thinking, and memory in those who recently suffered a stroke. Organically, citicoline is a brain chemical. It naturally occurs in the body, especially the organs. In the US, citicoline is most commonly used as a dietary supplement and is given as an injection or taken by mouth. Citicoline helps improve vision in those with glaucoma, combats age-related memory loss,...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. To be able to zero in on what we’re trying to accomplish is essential to getting stuff done. But our environments are full of distractions - within and without. It’s not just our world that is noisy and clamoring for our attention, but it’s also our minds. We often struggle with concentration because of internal chatter and distracting thoughts. So how can we get past this? We have to begin by knowing why we can’t focus. What is focus? We inherently know what it means to focus. It means to direct all of our attention on a single activity or...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Inadequate dopamine levels are responsible for fatigue, lack of motivation, mood swings, memory loss, and addictive behaviors. It is the neurotransmitter responsible for productivity, focus, and motivation. It makes life more joyful and fulfilling. Let’s look at ways to increase our levels, naturally. What is dopamine? The 85 billion neurons in our brains communicate with one another through chemicals called neurotransmitters. Dopamine is an essential neurotransmitter because it is associated with so much of our behavior and fulfillment of l...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. L-theanine at a Glance L-theanine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning humans do not naturally produce it. It also means it’s not necessary for our survival. However, taking L-theanine may positively affect chemicals in the brain, including serotonin and dopamine. We find L-theanine in certain mushrooms, black tea, and green tea. It is very similar to glutamate, an amino acid our body does produce used to carry nerve impulses to our brain. This chemical may help improve stress levels and mood. This compound is considered safe, though scient...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Are you struggling to stay focused during meetings or continually losing your train of thought? You're dealing with brain fog. It's frustrating and causes you to be ineffective at whatever you're trying to do. But there is hope. Read on to find out what brain fog is, what causes it, and what supplements you can use to get rid of it. What is Brain Fog? Brain fog is characterized by forgetfulness, confusion, and a lack of focus and mental clarity. It is a sign of mental fatigue usually brought on by long-term stress, physical exhaustion, or ov...Keep Reading