* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Biohacking to gain a competitive edge academically isn't new. The use of nootropics is safe and effective for getting the best out of your study sessions. They can help you to be focused, clear thinking, motivated, creative, and maintain mental energy throughout. Let's look at the best nootropics for studying. Why Nootropics Studying is difficult and can be exhausting. In a world of smart drugs, it's all too easy to go the way of stimulants. Nootropics can have a similar effect without the risks of a crash. Nootropics are naturally deriv...Keep Reading
12 Proven Tips on How to Improve Focus
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
Does your mind wander? Do you find it hard to stay on task? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. The human mind spends 30%-50% of its awake time wandering depending on the person.
If you struggle to stay on task, don’t worry. There are lots of proven techniques to improve concentration. Here’s our list of proven tips on how to improve focus.
1. Get More Sleep
Memory and attention span are greatly affected by lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation can severely impact your mood, performance, and drive to complete daily tasks. We’ve all suffered from head bob, especially at 3 pm, when you haven’t had a good night’s sleep.
Adults need seven to eight hours of sleep each night to feel refreshed and focused the next day. Try these proven healthy sleep habits to get more rest.
2. Start by Exercising in the Morning
Studies prove that daily physical activity improves concentration and attention after four weeks. And moderate aerobic exercise can reverse memory loss as we age. By starting your exercise routine in the morning, you’ll stay sharp for the day’s critical tasks.
A Harvard study found that thirty minutes of moderate activity will improve memory and thinking skills. Your fitness level will dictate how much you should do each day. But it is recommended to get at least 150 minutes each week.
3. Practice Mindfulness and Meditation
Early stages of mindfulness training have been proven to develop focused attention and enhance working memory. Brief mindfulness training can significantly improve working memory, executive function, and visuospatial processing.
There are several apps and games that provide brief mindfulness training that can improve focus after just four days:
Columbia University reports that meditation can reduce stress, depression, and anxiety, which will help increase focus, learning, and memory. Meditation can be sitting quietly or by doing yoga or tai chi. Meditate for five to ten minutes, then increase that time by one to two minutes as you can relax.
4. Try Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a recent health craze where you eat all your calories within an 8-hour window of the day and then don’t eat for the next sixteen hours. By skipping breakfast, you can dive into your day and then break your fast at lunch. Intermittent fast has been proven to increase memory.
Want to try Intermittent Fasting but still need morning boost? Drink Magic Mind Productivity Shots instead of a morning coffee to focus your mind without ruining your fast.
Related Link: Ways to Stay Focused at Work
5. Try Vitamin Supplements
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D3
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Guarana Seed Extract
Magic Mind Productivity Shot includes Vitamin D3, Turmeric, Citicoline into a Matcha Green Tea to get you in the right frame of mind to stay focused and charge your day. Magic Mind only uses high-quality ingredients backed by science and evaluated by a team of doctors to improve its effectiveness.
6. Use Nootropic Herbs
Made from high-quality natural ingredients, Magic Mind incorporates all the best nootropic herbs and vitamins to give your morning an extra boost to help you stay focused. Loaded with scientifically backed ingredients to help you be more productive, Magic Mind is an excellent solution for people who struggle to stay focused.
7. Add more Good Fats to Your Diet
Eating a plant-based diet supplemented with rich, good fats can boost concentration and focus. Foods high in Omega-3 fatty acids are particularly beneficial, like fish, eggs, blueberries, and green leafy vegetables.
Related Link: These Foods Will Give Your Brain More Power
8. Listen to Music
Listening to music while studying or working can increase focus, especially for people who suffer from ADHD. White noise and nature sounds can also help you concentrate and improve brain function. But be careful in your music selection; if you love or hate the music, it may become a distraction.
9. Create an Hourly Task List
A way to focus your mind is to create a critical task list every hour and then see how much you’re able to accomplish during the hour. Then reassess every hour what you can realistically get done and knock that task list out. Crossing off tasks is therapeutically satisfying.
10. Eliminate Distractions
Yes, it seems obvious, but it’s more challenging to do. There are several things you can do to eliminate distractions:
- Create an environment where you won’t be tempted to do something else.
- Turn off or silence your phone.
- Set three daily objectives
- Set time frames for accomplishing tasks.
- Stop when your mind starts to drift and reset.
- Make a game out of getting tasks done.
- Challenge yourself.
11. Take Short Breaks
Taking short breaks every 1-2 hours for twenty minutes can enhance focus and renew your effort. If you feel yourself getting restless, take a quick break. Get a drink or snack, take a walk, or go outside in nature. When you return, you’ll be more motivated and focused on completing your tasks.
12. Get Outside
Spending time outside, even if it is brief, can increase your focus. Studies have found that spending two hours a week out in nature and sunlight can significantly improve mental and physical health.
And it doesn’t matter how you put in those two hours. You can take twenty-minute walks every day or spend two hours relaxing in your backyard. Either way, your focus will increase.
Follow These Tips to Increase Your Focus and Get Stuff Done
By following these proven tips for increasing your focus, you’ll be able to harness your chi and get more done. The best way would be to pick the tips you feel are achievable and create a new routine.
Start your morning with a Magic Mind to boost concentration and productivity. Magic Mind has a team of doctors and medical researchers assess and improve Magic Mind’s productivity formula so that you are getting the highest quality and results from your nootropic herbal supplement drink.
Want to know if Magic Mind really works? Read testimonials from Magic Mind customers.
Related Link: Ways to be More Productive Without Losing Sleep
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. If you’ve been looking into ways to help boost your brain health and overall cognitive performance, then you’ve probably at least heard about nootropics and the various benefits that they can provide. But it’s entirely possible that you don’t know much about them or how they work within your body, especially since so many types perform a wide range of different functions. Please continue reading to discover more about nootropic benefits and which ones may be best for you. What is a Nootropic? A nootropic is, to put it simply, a substance that...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. You've probably heard people talking about nootropics and smart drugs like they're necessarily the same thing. They're close in application but not precisely the same in composition. We'll discuss the differences between the two and consider the pros and cons of each. Why the Drive for a Better Brain? As kids, most of us wanted the ability to fly. No more buses to school or long drives on vacation - we could just fly wherever we wanted to go. Now, as adults, we'd much rather have a super-brain. What is this drives we have for a better bra...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Rhodiola Rosea? Rhodiola Rosea- otherwise known as golden root or arctic root- is a yellow-flowering herb native to colder, mountainous regions in Asia and Europe. People have used it for centuries to help treat fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Its roots possess adaptogenic nootropic properties and contain more than 140 active ingredients to help your body adapt to physical and emotional stress and to keep you calm. According to several scientific studies and systematic reviews, Rhodiola Rosea shows promising effects in helping to re...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Taurine? Taurine is one type of essential amino acid present in various foods and is often added to energy drinks. Research has indicated that taurine can provide several health benefits, including lowering the risk of different diseases and improving the performance of athletes. Along with the fact that it has no known side effects when taken in appropriate doses, this has led several researchers to refer to it as a sort of “wonder molecule.” It’s also an effective nootropic in affecting various brain functions, including cell volume...Keep Reading
What is Acetylcholine, and Why is it Important? * Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter- the first one ever discovered- and neuromodulator. It plays a role in brain and muscle functions, and its job within the brain has made it a great topic of interest as a nootropic. It can be found in all motor neurons and is responsible for stimulating the contraction of muscles. It’s involved in various body movements, including the beating of the heart, the movement of the stomach, and the blinking of eyelids. Imbalances in and low levels of acetylcholine ...Keep Reading