* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Biohacking to gain a competitive edge academically isn't new. The use of nootropics is safe and effective for getting the best out of your study sessions. They can help you to be focused, clear thinking, motivated, creative, and maintain mental energy throughout. Let's look at the best nootropics for studying. Why Nootropics Studying is difficult and can be exhausting. In a world of smart drugs, it's all too easy to go the way of stimulants. Nootropics can have a similar effect without the risks of a crash. Nootropics are naturally deriv...Keep Reading
Benefits of Matcha: What You Need to Know
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor.
This isn’t just any old green tea; matcha is a premium-grade tea that’s been ground into fine powder by stone mills. Hailing from the great nation of Japan, it's been used as the tea of choice for the most prestigious traditional ceremonies. It dates back hundreds of years, which gives matcha a refinement that no other tea can match.
Related: Magic Mind — Productivity Shot
What Are The Health Benefits of Matcha?
One sip of matcha fills your body with a wide array of antioxidants. In fact, one cup of matcha will give your body 137 times more antioxidants than any other regularly brewed tea. It can boost your metabolism to help burn off calories as well as provide a healthy dose of vitamin C, chromium, zinc, magnesium, and selenium. It's incredibly rich in fiber and can extensively detoxify your gut as well as lower your cholesterol.
Why is Matcha Better Than Loose Tea Leaf?
Quality-wise, many green teas fall between kitchen-grade and cafe-grade. This is nothing like the refined quality of ceremony grade that matcha possesses. Many green tea brands don’t deliver the full benefits of the leaf. This is because they are coarsely ground, and much of the health potential is lost in the process. Matcha, on the other hand, is stoneground, which means you will receive 100% of the vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants. To even compare the strength of matcha, you would need to drink 10 cups of normal brewed green tea.
Why is Matcha an Antioxidant Powerhouse?
The nutritional value of matcha is far beyond any other green tea product. But the main advantage it provides is flooding your body with antioxidants. It's nothing short of a powerhouse when compared with other green tea options.
The ORAC testing method from the experts at Tufts University showed that matcha has a rating of a staggering 1,573. The next best thing would be goji berries at a mere 253. Food items that you would think of as excellent antioxidant-rich sources such as broccoli and spinach only scored 31 and 21, respectively. The reason why this is important is that antioxidants slow aging and prevent chronic diseases.
Related: Magic Meets Science
What Are Green Tea Catechins?
We’re all conscious of the ‘big C’ as we age. Nobody wants to be told by their doctor that they may have cancer because it can completely devastate their lives. Matcha contains a unique class of antioxidants called catechins. More accurately, catechin EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) provides strong cancer-fighting qualities.
EGCG also protects the cells from free radicals such as radiation, pollution, UV rays, and things that can lead to cell damage. Matcha can, therefore, be substituted for green smoothies and green juices, as it doubles and triples the benefits you would receive otherwise. A daily Matcha routine will top up your body’s defenses against cancer and bring balance back to your well-being.
How Does Matcha Support Weight Loss?
Far too often, we become bogged down in the misdirected pursuit of burning fat. Fat is just stored energy; it's the amount we take in that causes weight gain. Matcha intercedes by boosting your calorie-burning ability. A recent study has shown that matcha improves the process of burning calories by up to four times the normal amount. Many other products will do this by raising blood pressure and heart rate through caffeine. Matcha, on the other hand, increases thermogenesis the natural way and can increase your energy expenditure between 35% and 43%. Rather than putting chemicals into your body to achieve the same thing, matcha will do it in a clean, green, and more effective way.
Looking for a healthy supplement to boost metabolism and stimulate the brain? Check out what Magic Mind has to offer!
How Do Amino Acids Help Me Concentrate?
Beta waves create a state of angst. You may feel more stressed, easily agitated, and generally lacking in focus. Matcha increases your alpha waves due to the ingredient L-Theanine. It's common in all forms of tea, but matcha contains a high amount, up to 5 times the normal levels.
This amino acid is becoming more and more important in our busy, fast-paced lifestyles, so drinking a cup of matcha with your breakfast can be a game-changer. By the time you arrive at work, you may experience increased memory and learning abilities that can only mean great things for your livelihood and your career. You can concentrate harder for a longer period without getting overwhelmed.
Are you experiencing brain fog? Check out how Magic Mind can help you focus again!
How Does Matcha Tea Give Me Energy Without The Jitters?
Surely there’s a downside, right? You may think that all this usable clean energy must come at a price. Well, we’ve looked into that, and one study found that matcha’s natural properties can boost physical endurance by up to 24%. This isn’t done by the caffeine in matcha, which means you get more of a stable release of energy rather than crashing and burning. You won’t be getting the shakes or going on a steep downturn once the boost wears off.
Other Types of Drink that Increase Productivity
Other products that are known to elevate your productivity are energy drinks, coffees, tea, and juice smoothies. However, each of these options isn’t as powerful, consistent, and healthy as Matcha. Their benefits are short-lived, and their adverse effects last longer. While many energy drinks and other caffeinated beverages can result in energy spikes and crashes, as well as bloating and twitchiness, matcha loads your system with antioxidants to provide energy. In the long run, matcha provides more lasting effects that aid productivity and boost your overall well-being.
Matcha is backed up by centuries of tradition and study. It's incredibly refined, light, and smooth. A daily regimen of matcha will give your body a thorough boost of antioxidants that will increase your concentration while slowing the aging process. You’ll also be given a firm but calm energy boost that lasts all day. There simply isn’t any other green tea that can go toe to toe with matcha, for its long-term health advantages.
More Recent Articles
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. If you’ve been looking into ways to help boost your brain health and overall cognitive performance, then you’ve probably at least heard about nootropics and the various benefits that they can provide. But it’s entirely possible that you don’t know much about them or how they work within your body, especially since so many types perform a wide range of different functions. Please continue reading to discover more about nootropic benefits and which ones may be best for you. What is a Nootropic? A nootropic is, to put it simply, a substance that...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. You've probably heard people talking about nootropics and smart drugs like they're necessarily the same thing. They're close in application but not precisely the same in composition. We'll discuss the differences between the two and consider the pros and cons of each. Why the Drive for a Better Brain? As kids, most of us wanted the ability to fly. No more buses to school or long drives on vacation - we could just fly wherever we wanted to go. Now, as adults, we'd much rather have a super-brain. What is this drives we have for a better bra...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Rhodiola Rosea? Rhodiola Rosea- otherwise known as golden root or arctic root- is a yellow-flowering herb native to colder, mountainous regions in Asia and Europe. People have used it for centuries to help treat fatigue, depression, and anxiety. Its roots possess adaptogenic nootropic properties and contain more than 140 active ingredients to help your body adapt to physical and emotional stress and to keep you calm. According to several scientific studies and systematic reviews, Rhodiola Rosea shows promising effects in helping to re...Keep Reading
* Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. What is Taurine? Taurine is one type of essential amino acid present in various foods and is often added to energy drinks. Research has indicated that taurine can provide several health benefits, including lowering the risk of different diseases and improving the performance of athletes. Along with the fact that it has no known side effects when taken in appropriate doses, this has led several researchers to refer to it as a sort of “wonder molecule.” It’s also an effective nootropic in affecting various brain functions, including cell volume...Keep Reading
What is Acetylcholine, and Why is it Important? * Verified by a US-based board-certified doctor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter- the first one ever discovered- and neuromodulator. It plays a role in brain and muscle functions, and its job within the brain has made it a great topic of interest as a nootropic. It can be found in all motor neurons and is responsible for stimulating the contraction of muscles. It’s involved in various body movements, including the beating of the heart, the movement of the stomach, and the blinking of eyelids. Imbalances in and low levels of acetylcholine ...Keep Reading